Badminton Tasmania is the State Sporting Organisation (SSO) able to deliver programs to schools in the South, North, and North West, on behalf of the National Sporting Organisation (NSO) Badminton Australia.
We aim to deliver engaging programs for primary schools, and those in year 7 and 8, to get them excited about being active. Participating in new and different sports gives them more opportunities to increase their physical and mental wellbeing, as well as being able to create connections in their local community to give a sense of purpose and place.
The Shuttle Time program is a tried and tested method of being able to deliver activities to all ages to increase and improve children’s fundamental movement skills including hand-eye coordination, catching and throwing, stability and balance, speed and agility, as well as jumping and landing skills. We can tailor the activities and sessions to the needs of the school/class/students!
Sessions are run by coaches with a wide range of experience – from those who have coached Australian Olympic Teams, all the way down to those with Local badminton experience – and everything in between. Rest assured no matter who is provided to your school group by Badminton Tasmania, they have the relevant qualifications and endorsement of the board to deliver a fantastic experience.
We are committed to being able to assist your school and students no matter where you are located (you don’t have to just be in Hobart, Launceston, or Burnie – we deliver programs to rural schools too). The following schools engaged with us in 2020:
- Australian Christian College (Geilston Bay)
- Campania District School (Campania)
- Cygnet Primary School (Cygnet)
- Devonport High School (Devonport)
- Devonport Primary School (Devonport)
- Edith Creek Primary School (Edith Creek)
- Franklin Primary School (Franklin)
- Moonah Primary School (Moonah)
- Oatlands District High School (Oatlands)
- Penguin District School (Penguin)
- Richmond Primary School (Richmond)
- Rosetta Primary School (Rosetta)
- Southern Support School (Clarence Street, Howrah)
- Ulverstone Primary School (Ulverstone)
- West Ulverstone Primary School (West Ulverstone)
- Wilmot Primary School (Wilmot)
- Windermere Primary School (Claremont)
We hope to add you to our ever-growing list of satisfied schools, contact us today to discuss your options; we are also happy to help with writing and submitting applications, organising bookings, and ordering equipment too.
The Sporting Schools program is delivered to students free of charge and is operated by Sport Australia through funding by the Australian Government.